Anyone Live On The East Coast?

Conservative's Discussion Forum. Discuss news and politics.
Canis Minor

Re: Anyone Live On The East Coast?

Conspiracy theories aren't likely for a reason...they have no supporting evidence. I recall back in the early 2000's on how Planet 'X' was supposed to be slamming into the Earth 'real soon'. People insisted this was a reality to the point of selling their homes and most of their possessions and literally moving to mountain states. Guess what? Yeah, it never happened. 
Non Serviam No Unity With Tyrants

WARNING: Can do the math
Hellsbane

Canis wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:28 am Conspiracy theories aren't likely for a reason...they have no supporting evidence. I recall back in the early 2000's on how Planet 'X' was supposed to be slamming into the Earth 'real soon'. People insisted this was a reality to the point of selling their homes and most of their possessions and literally moving to mountain states. Guess what? Yeah, it never happened. 

It isn't a conspiracy theory. It is known that the Yellowstone Caldera went off, with devastating consequences, many times in the past and will go off again, not a question of " if " but " when ".
It is known that the San Andreas Fault has gone off in the past, some worse than others, and will go off again. Not a question of " if " but " when ".
It is know that the earth has been struck by meteors in the past, some with global devastation, and will happen again. Not a question of " if " but " when ".
It is known that La Palma had a major land slide in the past that generated a mega tsunami with far reach destructive consequences, and it will happen again. Not a question of " if " but " when ".

kybeagle

Out here we always hear about the mega quake that will someday strike the Juan de Fuca fault and wipe out Seattle. Not a question of “if”, but “when” for this also. But you can’t live your life in fear of everything that might happen. The most dangerous thing you can do is go out on the highway but we do that every day without even thinking about it.

Canis Minor

Yep, and apx 60 million years ago a giant comet slammed into the Yucatan area and killed off all the dinosaurs...we have no planetary defense for such an event which will eventually happen again. 

NCGal63

I think I am more worried about what our country will look like after 4 years of Biden and his cronies - that is much more of a certain disaster than
quakes, volcanoes, tsunamis ect.  
Hellsbane

kybeagle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:26 pm Out here we always hear about the mega quake that will someday strike the Juan de Fuca fault and wipe out Seattle. Not a question of “if”, but “when” for this also. But you can’t live your life in fear of everything that might happen. The most dangerous thing you can do is go out on the highway but we do that every day without even thinking about it.

Precisely, you can run, but you can't hide, and when die, you die tired. 

Canis Minor

GIANT COMET 2021? Hey, this could happen too! 

CountZero

Faded Eagle

Gabriele wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:44 amDon't spoil my fun. I dream of it taking out NYC. Staten island, too.

Me too.  I just watched "Independence Day" for about the tenth time, mostly because seeing D.C. and NYC get a**holed just never gets old...  :usaflag:

Hellsbane

Faded wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:33 am
Gabriele wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:44 amDon't spoil my fun. I dream of it taking out NYC. Staten island, too.

Me too.  I just watched "Independence Day" for about the tenth time, mostly because seeing D.C. and NYC get a**holed just never gets old...  :usaflag:

First time i saw that movie, i had to laugh. Strange how all the lefty strongholds get taken out first.