Republican House Speaker Opposes Warrants To Spy On Americans

Conservative's Discussion Forum. Discuss news and politics.
CountZero

Republican House Speaker Opposes Warrants To Spy On Americans

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) opposes a warrant requirement that he once supported for a controversial surveillance law, according to a report.

Politico reported that Johnson’s staffer told a group of Republican staffers that the Speaker opposes a warrant requirement as the House moves toward a vote on a bill aimed at reauthorizing Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), a controversial surveillance law that is meant to target foreign adversaries but often ends up surveilling American citizens.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024 ... authority/
This is why we always lose no matter who we vote for.

Canis Minor

Re: Republican House Speaker Opposes Warrants To Spy On Americans

This seems odd...is there something else attached to this piece of legislation? Or, does it preclude the ability to issues warrants for actual 'bad guys' in some manner? I'm suspicious here. 
Non Serviam No Unity With Tyrants

WARNING: Can do the math
CountZero

BREAKING: Speaker Mike Johnson just inexcusably voted against the American people and his voters by casting the tie-breaking vote 212-212 to defeat a FISA 702 amendment requiring a warrant to spy on Americans.

This is how the Constitution dies.
Brought to you by the House GOP.
Canis Minor

IMO something is going on here. Could it be that the current piece of legislation somehow would have hampered US Agencies from spying on the likes of Islamic Terrorists or other actual 'bad guys'? I know Trump does not like blanket powers for FISA (just look what it did to him) but you have Trump meeting with Johnson behind closed doors...looks like there's something more going if you ask me. 
Non Serviam No Unity With Tyrants

WARNING: Can do the math
NCGal63

Canis wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 11:01 pm IMO something is going on here. Could it be that the current piece of legislation somehow would have hampered US Agencies from spying on the likes of Islamic Terrorists or other actual 'bad guys'? I know Trump does not like blanket powers for FISA (just look what it did to him) but you have Trump meeting with Johnson behind closed doors...looks like there's something more going if you ask me. 

something more because Trump is backing Johnsons decision

NCGal63

NCGal63 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:06 am
Canis wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 11:01 pm IMO something is going on here. Could it be that the current piece of legislation somehow would have hampered US Agencies from spying on the likes of Islamic Terrorists or other actual 'bad guys'? I know Trump does not like blanket powers for FISA (just look what it did to him) but you have Trump meeting with Johnson behind closed doors...looks like there's something more going if you ask me. 

something more because Trump is backing Johnsons decision

found this ....Trump on warrantless surveillance reauthorization: ‘KILL FISA’

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... kill-fisa/