Even a 6 year old gets it ...

Conservative's Discussion Forum. Discuss news and politics.
NCGal63

Even a 6 year old gets it ...

Just sharing a story I read.

I was talking to my neighbor's 6 year old daughter.

She said she wanted to be president one day. Both her parents are Liberal Democrats and standing there.

So I asked her, "If you were to be president, what's the first thing you would do?"

She replied:"I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people. "

"Wow, that's a pretty worthy goal." I told her, "You don't have to wait to be president to do that. You can come over to my house and mow grass,pull weeds, and sweep my yard. I'll pay you $50."Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the 50 to use toward food or a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds. (remember she is 6 yrs old and her mother was glaring in the background) The little girl looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work and you can just pay him the $50?"

I replied: "Welcome to the Republican Party."

To this day, her folks still aren't talking to the neighbor.
Canis Minor

Re: Even a 6 year old gets it ...

With Liberals it's always 'other people's money'...even children can see what's wrong with that line of thinking. 
Non Serviam No Unity With Tyrants

WARNING: Can do the math
son of ed

Fantastic!!!!!!!

Amen!!     
:banana:

ZeWazir

Speaking of 6 year-olds getting it, when my youngest was that age in Kindergarten (she is 21 now) we somehow got on the topic of Keynesian economics, and naturally she asked what Keynesian economics is. So I explained (admittedly vastly simplified, but she was only 6) that it is an idea that when the economy is lagging, the government borrows a bunch of money and spends it on things like building roads and bridges and other stuff to stimulate the economy, and then supposed to pay the money back once the economy is back to normal.  She thought about it for about 15 seconds, then stated flatly, "Well, that's just STUPID!"