Maryland Bridge Collapse

Conservative's Discussion Forum. Discuss news and politics.
kybeagle

Re: Maryland Bridge Collapse

The only reason I suspect terrorism is because the government says it wasn’t.
CountZero

son of ed

NOW the Big Problem is Pete Booty-jig.....Elmer Fudd could do a better job...they're talking about 10 YEARS to fix this and BILLIONS of dollars!!!

Get Robert Mitchum to blow the Goddam wreckage up so shipping could go in or out.....Give me a break!

kybeagle

Billions of dollars? No problemo! Just fire up the printing presses. This is chump change compared to the trillions they are squandering. Besides, no doubt a substantial portion of it will end up in the pockets of those who will be in charge of the project. Wait! Am I being too cynical??
CountZero

kybeagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:59 pm Billions of dollars? No problemo! Just fire up the printing presses. This is chump change compared to the trillions they are squandering. Besides, no doubt a substantial portion of it will end up in the pockets of those who will be in charge of the project. Wait! Am I being too cynical??

Shouldnt the insurance companies be paying for this? If the government wants to pay for this in full so quickly, it smells of a coverup.....

kybeagle

CountZero wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:33 pm
kybeagle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:59 pm Billions of dollars? No problemo! Just fire up the printing presses. This is chump change compared to the trillions they are squandering. Besides, no doubt a substantial portion of it will end up in the pockets of those who will be in charge of the project. Wait! Am I being too cynical??

Shouldnt the insurance companies be paying for this? If the government wants to pay for this in full so quickly, it smells of a coverup.....

You get it. Don’t want no ‘vestigation.

NCGal63

Barge strikes Texas bridge, causing section to collapse
A barge crashed into the Pelican Island Bridge in Galveston, Texas, on Wednesday, causing a section of the bridge, including railroad tracks, to smash down onto the barge, Fox 7 Austin reports. Officials said there were no reports of injuries in the collision that occurred around 10 a.m. However, Galveston County Judge Mark Henry says two crew members did go overboard but were recovered from the water, Fox 7 Austin reports. 
 Henry says the collision caused oil to spill from the barge, which has a capacity of 30,000 gallons, although it is unclear how much of it went into the water. Video from the scene shows debris from the bridge and part of the rail tracks on top of the barge as it rests against the bridge. It wasn't immediately clear what caused the barge to strike the bridge. Pelican Island is north of Galveston and is connected to the city by the bridge, which is the only way people can access the island by land, and officials said the bridge has been shut down to traffic in both directions.

Is it me or is this odd ?-​ I can't recall seeing big barges / ships running into bridges in the news for years. ​​​​​​

son of ed

...or meat packing plants catching fire...