Next on Dems' hit list: The suburbs

Conservative's Discussion Forum. Discuss news and politics.
John

Democrats are using "equity" and the shortage of housing after letting millions of illegals in to attack the suburbs, which are too conservative. Following articles describe their tactics which include interfering with local zoning laws.
If you’ve worked hard to afford a suburban house with a patch of lawn where your kids can play, you’re under attack.

The Biden administration and Democrats in New York, Connecticut and other states are warring on local zoning laws to build high-rise apartment buildings with “affordable” units in tree-lined, single-family neighborhoods. All in the name of equity, meaning everyone can live in a tranquil suburb, whether they’ve earned the money to pay for it or not.
https://nypost.com/2023/02/07/democrats ... omeowners/

Similar content:
If you've worked hard to afford a suburban home, you're under attack
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/next-de ... st-suburbs
kybeagle

Re: Next on Dems' hit list: The suburbs

This has come up in my area. From what I understand the zoning laws will no longer apply. If you live in a nice upscale single family neighborhood and the house next door comes up for sale, a developer could buy the property, raze it, and build a low-income apartment building. All those pretentious virtue-signalling suburban democrats are gonna love this. NOT!
Canis Minor

This is already happening here in Massachusetts. My friend has lived in her quiet suburban/rural area for over 20 years...her town has now allowed a large apartment complex to be build across the street from her. Near me they put in a shopping area about 15 years ago, now they've added a large apartment complex. The traffic is now terrible and our schools and medical facilities are becoming over crowded. 
Non Serviam No Unity With Tyrants

WARNING: Can do the math
son of ed

Fortunately this hasn't happened in Waco, Texas...

SurroundedByLiberals

Commie California has been ahead of this land grab for years.
Here's a sampler:

Sep 28, 2021
       Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Increase Affordable Housing Supply and Strengthen Accountability, Highlights Comprehensive Strategy to Tackle Housing Crisis.

Sacramento commies have increasingly created laws that require local jurisdictions to provide low income housing.  Small towns can't afford to build what is essentially welfare projects.  And!, HUD, with Section 8, already covers this need.
    So, once again commies are spreading their poison outside of big cities.

Lily003

This has been the plan the whole time.  They resent suburbia.  We have our assets in the same town since 1986.  There is the beginning of crap since we are close to Chicago.  Chicago comes here frequently.  Several years go, my town ended up with a $1 million fine for accusations of "racism."  There was a development to be built that wasn't within building guidelines.  Board voted it down and the accusations were flying.  BHO personally wanted the punishment.  So instead of building, they paid the fine.  Trump overturned these situations later, but we paid.

Was telling my husband I no longer ever feel safe anymore.  I am attuned to every noise and feel uncomfortable anywhere.  Thanks - who votes for this???????

Lily003   :evil: