General forum related questions and issues
Nyte_Byrd

I don't know if this happens to others, but quite often, after I already log on from Main Menu screen,
and create a post on random boards, I hit "Preview" and it comes back saying I need to log on to that board.
Then I have to back up one, to copy what I had, log on (again) and paste.  Sometimes I check to see if I show logged on, and it does show logged on, and it still comes back saying I need to log on after I hit "Preview". 

On the Off Discussion board I will be logged on and can read the posts, but at times, it still comes back saying I need to logon (again) if I try to post there.  It's like something keeps logging me off or something.  I can maneuver to get around the problem, so not a major deal. Just wanted to see if the same thing happens to anyone else. 
"If You're Here To Teach, You've Much To Learn"
John

Re: Log In Issue

Never had that problem, but thanks for pointing it out in case it becomes more common.
AuntieLynn11

Kicks me off several times a day, somebody out there hates me. Logging in every time is a pain...mwah!!
John

AuntieLynn11 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:15 am Kicks me off several times a day, somebody out there hates me. Logging in every time is a pain...mwah!!

For security the default action is to automatically log off if inactive for an hour.

This is not different from many commercial sites that will log you off in you are not active for as little as 10 min.

Nyte_Byrd

John wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:34 pm Never had that problem, but thanks for pointing it out in case it becomes more common.

Changed my password.  Problem stopped.  Wonder if I had been hacked or someone had my PW maybe??

John

Nyte_Byrd wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:20 pm
John wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:34 pm Never had that problem, but thanks for pointing it out in case it becomes more common.

Changed my password.  Problem stopped.  Wonder if I had been hacked or someone had my PW maybe??

Very surprising, but glad the problem has stopped.
Nyte_Byrd

John wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:20 am
Nyte_Byrd wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:20 pm

Well, it did stop for awhile but now problem occurring again.  I was already signed on and was posting on "off Discussion forum which one has to be logged on to see.  When I hit "Preview" it came back with logon logo saying I needed to log on.  Then I double checked on News forum and I could see I was logged on, then created a post, and again, when I hit Preview it said I had to log on again.  What I have been doing is backing up one and copying the post, logging back on and paste the copy.

Don't know if it is 'timing' issue (I don't think so, as I didn't take that long to make a post.  Or if somehow someone is hacking my id.  May have to change my password again.  Don't know if this happens to anyone else,
so it may be some glitch on my end.

John

Nyte_Byrd wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:22 pm
Nyte_Byrd wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:20 pm Changed my password.  Problem stopped.  Wonder if I had been hacked or someone had my PW maybe??

Well, it did stop for awhile but now problem occurring again.  I was already signed on and was posting on "off Discussion forum which one has to be logged on to see.  When I hit "Preview" it came back with logon logo saying I needed to log on.  Then I double checked on News forum and I could see I was logged on, then created a post, and again, when I hit Preview it said I had to log on again.  What I have been doing is backing up one and copying the post, logging back on and paste the copy.

Don't know if it is 'timing' issue (I don't think so, as I didn't take that long to make a post.  Or if somehow someone is hacking my id.  May have to change my password again.  Don't know if this happens to anyone else,

Try clearing the browser cache and cookies.

Nyte_Byrd

John wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:31 pm
Nyte_Byrd wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:22 pm

I've been doing that sometimes.  If it does help, it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix though.

John

Nyte_Byrd wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:14 pm
John wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:31 pm
Nyte_Byrd wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:22 pm Well, it did stop for awhile but now problem occurring again.  I was already signed on and was posting on "off Discussion forum which one has to be logged on to see.  When I hit "Preview" it came back with logon logo saying I needed to log on.  Then I double checked on News forum and I could see I was logged on, then created a post, and again, when I hit Preview it said I had to log on again.  What I have been doing is backing up one and copying the post, logging back on and paste the copy.

I've been doing that sometimes.  If it does help, it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix though.

If it helps, even temporarily, then I strongly suspect the issue is on your computer.  But without knowing any impact in other situations, I can't think of problems.  I would try searching for situations to see if there are possible solutions.