Forgot your password or IP address banned in error?

General forum related questions and issues
John

Forgot your password or IP address banned in error?

Send an email to ConsPat^@^ProtonMail.com (Remove up arrows)

Indicate your user name and which site. (This email account is used for two sites.)

For password resets:

The email must be sent from the same email address associated with your account.

You will get a response with a temporary password and instructions to change this password.

This process is not automatic, so the response generally will not be immediate.

For banned IP addresses:

Your IP address apparently was previously used by a spammer and recorded in a database.  If you are using a VPN, try a different IP address.  Otherwise, ask your internet service provider to give you a new IP address.  If that fails, find the IP by typing in Google: "What is my IP address", then contact us, tell us the problem IP address, and we will try to help resolve the issue.
newt2008

Re: Forgot your password or IP address banned in error?

Seems my IP address is getting blocked.  Probably VPN which I am not going to change so I may not be able to post anymore.

Posted this on another device without VPN.

Ms. Borelli.
John

newt2008 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:59 pm Seems my IP address is getting blocked.  Probably VPN which I am not going to change so I may not be able to post anymore.

Posted this on another device without VPN.

Ms. Borelli.

Most VPNs that I'm aware of allow you to change your IP address.  Most likely the IP assigned to you at the moment was previously assigned to a spammer and wound up in a world-wide database. If you cannot change the IP, is there an easy way to simply turn off the VPN when accessing the forum? If you can't, sent an email or PM with the IP that is getting banned (on google type what is my ip address) and I will see if there is something I can do.
orr1

My Orr account has been hacked.

Please put it back.

I logged in with orr1
John

orr1 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:18 pm My Orr account has been hacked.

Please put it back.

I logged in with orr1

Orr had a yahoo address.  Orr1 has gmail.  Which it?  And you want the password to what you emailed flaokie?

orr1

MyYahoo account was hacked and then they changed my password.
I went to gmail and was hacked too.
now they show my e-mail address as [email protected]
To add to this mess gmail has not heard of me. This started when Yahoo asked for my e-mail address
and then someone saw my password and changed it. I thought I might have a key logger so now I'm on my windows 11 machine. I guess I have no e-mail anymore?
John

orr1 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:14 pm MyYahoo account was hacked and then they changed my password.
I went to gmail and was hacked too.
now they show my e-mail address as [email protected]
To add to this mess gmail has not heard of me. This started when Yahoo asked for my e-mail address
and then someone saw my password and changed it. I thought I might have a key logger so now I'm on my windows 11 machine. I guess I have no e-mail anymore?

You can understand why I was confused.  You need a valid email to update your account.  Check out some anti spyware or anti key-logger software.  So when you get that figured out, send a PM to me or flaokie with your valid email and your desired password.  Until you do that we're kind of stuck.
AuntieLynn11

Any chance we could get a one-click login? I get kicked off LAP several times a day. Many thanks!!
John

AuntieLynn11 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:41 pm Any chance we could get a one-click login? I get kicked off LAP several times a day. Many thanks!!

That is a capability provided by your browser.  Most browsers can save passwords and user names, giving you that capability.  I just know the Mac, but if you say what browser and computer you are using, someone should be able to give you specific instructions.