And, New News On My New Puppy.....His Name Is Boomer

Uplifting, positive messages related to any subject
Lady G

And, New News On My New Puppy.....His Name Is Boomer

When Life throws us 'Crap Apples' to test our mettle, the best way I've found to deal with it is use the system and then fulfill my Wish List.

Stella, my dog, is gone forever, but I think of her everyday.  She will be with me always.  She brought me this far, and now I have someone to take me the rest of the way.

Yesterday, I drove about 400 mi round trip to the Ft Wayne area to bring home my new friend.  He is 9 wks old, and his name is Boomer.  I will be adding a pic as soon as I figure out how to download pics off my phone.  Then, you'll get to see my new little fella (and me) on the receiving end.  I took along a young friend of mine to navigate using his phone, and we had an excellent trip.  He kept me calm.  

Boomer cried endlessly last night when I crated him, and finally I had a thought.  I had a stuffed dog on my bed, almost as big as he is, and I put it in with him.  He finally quieted down and went to sleep.  Sigh.  This morning, he was quiet and ready to go outside to potty.  Good thing I'm an early riser.  Accidents happen, and I'm glad I have a good mop.  So, Our story begins.

I just wanted to share this, because everyone here was so supportive when I lost Stella.  I still miss her, and that's ok.  I always will.  But, now I have a new story, new friend, and wonder every once in a while if I don't have a screw loose, to be getting such a young puppy.  He's quiet this morning, we've been outside, and he's waiting to see what we'll do next.  Well, we're going to Tractor Supply for a chew toy (or two) and then tomorrow to our Vet for his nail trim and shots.  In the meantime, there will be leash training outside in the fenced yard so that he gets comfortable with it.  He sure didn't like it this morning!  lol  

Life is Good.  In spite of the DC Debacle/Disaster/Disgusting People.  I am smiling.

Oh yeah, almost forgot - I had just spent the last 5 days without water here, while we waited for someone to come and fix the pump and the well.  My new neighbors (who are 'keepers') and I share this well.  Sigh.  I got a shower before going to pick up the pup, and my navigator was glad.  I didn't stink.

Image Image
Nyte_Byrd

Re: And, New News On My New Puppy.....His Name Is Boomer

Best wishes for Boomer, and I hope he brings as many wonderful memories that Stella left. 8-)

Over the years, we had 5 Boston Terriers. 4 at one time. And I still miss them dearly as well.

Been wishing Mrs. Byrd may be open to getting another dog but at this point, I think a new young pup would probably outlive me.

I've learned from my own experience, that the pain of losing a loving pet is the price one pays for all the love and affection that is attained and the memories one gets to always keep.  Looking forward to seeing a picture of your new family member, Boomer.  I'd help you transfer an image from your phone, but I have no idea how to do that either.
"If You're Here To Teach, You've Much To Learn"
flaokie

I'm a little late seeing this.
I'm glad to hear about your new pup.
:banana:

It won't take long before you can put away your mop.
Good luck to you and Boomer.

Lady G

Nyte_Byrd wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:16 pm Best wishes for Boomer, and I hope he brings as many wonderful memories that Stella left. 8-)

Over the years, we had 5 Boston Terriers. 4 at one time. And I still miss them dearly as well.

Been wishing Mrs. Byrd may be open to getting another dog but at this point, I think a new young pup would probably outlive me.

I've learned from my own experience, that the pain of losing a loving pet is the price one pays for all the love and affection that is attained and the memories one gets to always keep.  Looking forward to seeing a picture of your new family member, Boomer.  I'd help you transfer an image from your phone, but I have no idea how to do that either.

Thanks so much for all those wonderful words!  I did get a new laptop, which is the first 'new' one I've ever had, and I think MS will jump in and figure out those phone pics for me, as soon as I get it fully operational.  It's all set and ready to go, but I went 5 days with no internet and 5 days with no water.  I get testy when that happens.  However, my water is on, the pressure is low, and the pump downstairs needs something that burned out trying to pump water that wasn't there.  sigh  Anyway, those guys don't need me anymore so I can clean up, go get Boomer's meds, likely some gas, and a new bottle brush for my raw milk bottles.  It's always something, ain't it?  Today is the day to get some stuff done now.  Sigh.  And, Boomer just met 'new people' and liked them a lot!  He's a keeper.  Gonna be a Gentle Giant, though.  His daddy was 120lb and oversize (for a Shepherd).  I'm gonna need a bigger crate.  One big enough for a gorilla, I think.  But, we're having good times, he does fine with new people - actually barked when they drove up.  He's beginning to understand his Job.  That pic is coming soon, I think.  Just need the time to do it.  Still 'child proofing' the house (electrical cords...).  He is so smart....

Addendum:  I am old enough to know that this 'climate change' is all about our Sun.  Boomer and I will most likely 'go out together'....otherwise, I'll just live long enough for him to take care of me.  lol  I have 2 relatives who lived past 100 yrs of age.  Hardy stock, I guess.

Image Image
flaokie

ady wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 7:33 pm

Thanks so much for all those wonderful words!  I did get a new laptop, which is the first 'new' one I've ever had, and I think MS will jump in and figure out those phone pics for me, as soon as I get it fully operational.  

Still waiting for a picture of Boomer. :roll:

RockyMtn 1776

Good for you getting Boomer. We have had dogs of various breeds forever, everything from a Weenie to a St. Bernard and loved them all. I know how it hurts when it's time to let a pet pass over for his last trip to the vet. Dogs do have souls you know, almost all of them could be heard walking about with their dog tags clinking together and their nails on the floor for 3-5 days after their death.
I think we are on our last dog, getting too old now to give it long walks, cleaning up the yard after it, etc. Pups & younger dogs easy the house break if you have a crate, take them out before bedtime, let them do their job and put in crate until morning. Very first thing in am, put them out again with lots of praise and a dog biscuit, then back in the house and it's your turn to hit the bathroom. About 2 or 3 days no more mess in house if you let it out every few hours. Post picture would love to see him.