Losing debate because of preferred pronoun assumption.

Discuss life, lifestyle and other topics from a conservative perspective. Can include news and politics, but not necessarily the main focus.
tshrimp

Losing debate because of preferred pronoun assumption.

My daughter has a friend that is a fantastic debater. She has won many awards over the years for her talents. However, during her latest debate she lost, and was told the reason they did not award her the victory was because she referred to her male opponent has "HE", making the assumption that was the persons preferred pronoun. 

John

Re: Losing debate because of preferred pronoun assumption.

Crazy world.
ZeWazir

Wondering if "preferred pronoun" is in the debate rules? If not, she should challenge their ruling for imposing a penalty not in the rules.

Faded Eagle

Over a thousand feet below the US central plains in a remote pocket of the Ogallala Aquifer, there is a rare species of fish, blind and nearly transparent because for over ten thousand years and thousands of generations, these fish have not heard a sound, seen daylight or encountered any other living animal. Why do I mention it? Because despite being possibly the most isolated species on the planet, one of those fish still cares more than I do about which pronouns you prefer.