Those Routine Mailers From Local Reps/Senators In Your State

Discuss what should change and actions to lead to change.
Lady G

Those Routine Mailers From Local Reps/Senators In Your State

So, here in Indiana, I received my 'routine mailer' from my 'local state rep' asking me 6 questions.  My jaw dropped at #4:
In order to protect businesses from costs associated with lawsuits alleging they gave patrons Covid-19, would you support making it more difficult for individuals to sue for Covid-19 related claims?
I was stunned.  Where I live, when the restaurants opened, people were only too happy to go into the local restaurants just for the conversation and dining out, after being 'locked down'.  I am unaware that anyone would even have the audacity to make such a claim, when it was an 'at your own risk' experience.  And now, they want to 'make a law' regarding claims?  Who are these people making the claims?  Further, why haven't there been claims for getting the regular flu from an outside food vendor in the past?  This absolutely disgusts me.  Of all the things that need attention in this state, they pick a petty argument that will do what?  Lower the incidence of 'ambulance chasing' lawyers representing their clients in court?  I filled my form out, and will be mailing it back to this idiot.  

But, I think this may be one way we can make an attempt at letting these people know what we think.  I'm thinking a follow-up letter might be in order here.  It may seem like 'not a big deal', but as we've witnessed this past year, EVERYTHING is a Big Deal now.  

This is how my State has run it's 'work' for years.  Currently, our Gov is China Friendly (Eric Holcomb), and I'm betting he's leaning more toward 'Fully On Board'.  As it sits right now, the curious thing is that he is saying:  We have 6,000 new cases of Covid every day!  If that were true, the entire state would be sick.  So, now my question is this:  Where did he buy the test kits?  Which ones are they using?  Odd, but that question isn't answered anywhere on the State web site.  I've looked, several places.  Still looking at how I can find this out, and guessing it would be hidden somewhere in the Budget.  THAT would be something I would want/expect my Reps and Senators to deal with, which is more important than those frivolous law suits they want to legislate.

Does anybody have any ideas on this one?  

Image Image
John

Re: Those Routine Mailers From Local Reps/Senators In Your State

As you are doing, let him know your opinion.

If you have local social media, such as NextDoor, consider that.

Write letters to the editors of local newspapers.

Call into local talk shows.
Lady G

John wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:04 am As you are doing, let him know your opinion.

If you have local social media, such as NextDoor, consider that.

Write letters to the editors of local newspapers.

Call into local talk shows.

We have NextDoor; I get emails once in a while.  Most recent one was on Covid and why we should wear masks and stay home.  Lefty driven here.  

But, yeah, on the letters.  I bought extra stamps this summer, anticipating my work as an Armchair Warrior.  May send my drafts to you to 'review'.  

Image Image
HankyP2020

I'm willing to bet that there are "Big Businesses", like Walmart, Kroger, etc., that required employees to work during the height of COVID-19 b/c they were "essential", and that proposed law is to protect the big businesses.  You are right to be offended by it, and it is truly wrong - don't let it happen.   Funny how small businesses were ordered to shutdown, but big business carried on as usual.  COVID-19 was weaponized by the media and the liberal left to destroy middle-class America, shuttering small business so big government and  big business can take over, and to ultimately steal the election.  It's not the diner at the local restaurant that will sue, it's the hospital, nursing home, and other front-line workers, the ones who faced the most risk, that may sue and should have the right to sue!