What to do about the rampart gun crimes?

Discuss what should change and actions to lead to change.
Prince Alarming

What to do about the rampart gun crimes?

Hi all,
 I'm so tired of turning on the news and hearing there was 21 shootings in one night, 2 died of their injuries and one is on life support, a product of an ambush on a police officer.
 I think the the justice system is corrupt and broke. Case, point and fact, an inmate gets out on good behavior and then commits a heinous crime like killing someone. In both instances the justice system failed. Failed to rehabilitate the inmate and failed at releasing him/her early for good behavior.
 What I think needs to be done is, to put a major dent in the black market of gun sales. How does that tie into what I'm saying. Most ex-cons who get guns get them from the black market or one of their so-called friends. I bet if the black market took a major hit we'd see less gun violence.

Phxazwill

Re: What to do about the rampart gun crimes?

First off , I know that not all crimes committed with a gun were by ex felons , in fact look at all the mass shootings etc that have happened . They were not committed by ex felons ! Secondly , I would like to assure you that guaranteed in states like Arizona , the only thing that actually keeps it's crime rate down is the fact that everyone owns a gun . How I am able to say this is simply by comparison . Every 8 seconds a vehicle is stolen in Arizona , the national average is every 12 seconds . If criminals actually knew that no one owned guns here I could only imagine how bad it would get because the only thing that stops most of the crime is the fact the person doing it has no clue whether or not the vehicle they are stealing might get them shot at ! Next , is the fact that most violent gun crimes by ex offenders happen to other criminals not just random people . The people that are in that lifestyle accept the fact that they may end up dead because if that lifestyle . Does it make it right , No but when you play with fire .... Lastly , it is mostly the prison system that fails ex offenders due to programs that pretend to help out the inmates but don't do a single thing for them when they actually get out so they go right back to the criminalistic behavior that they knew because it's the only way they can now survive . They get punished the rest of their lives for a crime they did once . No one wants to hire them except for cheap manual labor that they have to put up with it or not have a job or telemarketing , which definitely doesn't pay the bills . It's not gun laws that prevent gun crime because it's not a gun problem but a societal problem . Which sadly enough , no matter what you do , society doesn't fix itself without outside in nfluence ever . You really think that if they made more gun laws that there wouldn't still be murders one way or another ?
son of ed

Re: What to do about the rampart gun crimes?

Lock the criminals up and throw away the key. Bring back the death penalty and DO IT!

So what do the politicians do? They don't even PROSECUTE criminals! They have NO BAIL. A guy in New York can be arraigned for MURDER and afterwards the Judge tells him to show up three months from now for his trial and ten minutes later he's out on the streets. This is the way it is in New York, California and other states. Just a couple of weeks ago a DA in Arizona refused to allow some thug to be extradited to New York City because she didn't want NY to just LET THE GUY GO. Besides AZ had him on another charge.

The country is falling apart.